Main page content
agree on, agree to, agree with
Agree on means to share the same opinion about items, topics or standards:
- All parties agreed on plans to expand the Rideau Centre.
Agree to means to commit to (a course of action, a proposal, etc.):
- Ontario’s ruling Conservatives and opposition Liberals agreed to adopt new rules that allow the NDP to qualify for official party status.
- The manager agreed to the recommendation submitted by the working group.
Agree with means to have the same opinion as another person or to approve of something.
- I agree with you that spaghetti sauce can never have too much garlic.
- I agreed with the approach Mike adopted.
In addition, facts may agree with (correspond to) each other.
- Your data do not agree with our results.
Copyright notice for Writing Tips Plus
© Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada, represented by the Minister of Public Services and Procurement
A tool created and made available online by the Translation Bureau, Public Services and Procurement Canada