Review: Frequently Confused Verbs
Ce contenu est offert en anglais seulement.
- The leftover casserole has been setting in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks.
- The cows were laying in the field even though it was raining.
- Set that vase on the sideboard.
- The beavers spent the afternoon lying new branches on the lodge.
- Joe argues that setting in a rocking chair is a form of aerobic exercise.
- The entire group suddenly sitted down.
- While they were lying the new linoleum, the men listened to rap music.
- The cat preferred to set on the dining room table.
- After the clerk had laid the fabric on the table, Bridget saw several small grease spots.
- While Karen and Ian were sitting the post in the concrete, they were harassed by clouds of black flies.
- Samira laid down for a short nap before the concert.
- We have set here four hours and still haven’t caught a fish.
- After lying the egg carton on the counter, Beverly began to search for the frying pan.
- After she had sat her laptop down, she was able to find her keys.
- Charlie and Paul lied in the sun all afternoon.
- The youngest child usually sets in a special chair.
- We spent the morning lying on the sofa watching cartoons instead of raking the leaves.
- Jason carefully sits the bamboo container on the windowsill.
- The records were ruined because they had laid on top of the radiator all weekend.
- Lie those boxes on the top shelf in the garage.
Avis de droit d’auteur pour l’outil HyperGrammar 2
© Département d’anglais, Faculté des arts, Université d’Ottawa
Un outil mis en ligne par le Bureau de la traduction, Services publics et Approvisionnement Canada