Become an ambassador of the Language Portal of Canada
From: Translation Bureau
Join the community of ambassadors dedicated to promoting high-quality language resources.
On this page
If you're interested, contact the Language Portal of Canada.
We want to build a large and diverse community of people to help us in promoting trusted and high-quality language resources, as well as providing our readers with access to official languages resources.
Together, we can help Canadians communicate effectively in both official languages.
You already know and love the resources available on the Language Portal of Canada. Now you can help us tell more Canadians about them.
Your role as a volunteer consists in promoting our tools and services to the people in your networks, as an individual or on behalf of your organization.
How can you help promote the Portal?
- Subscribe to the Portal Weekly to find out what’s new on the Portal each week.
- Follow our Facebook and Twitter accounts, share our posts and challenge your friends with our quizzes.
- Share our video, newsletters and web pages (please cite the source).
- Publish a hyperlink to the Portal or a promotional text about its resources in your communication channels (ask us for support material, such as images, texts and quotes).
- Become a guest blogger for the Our Languages blog.
- Spread the news about the Portal’s resources within your network, and encourage your colleagues to become Portal ambassadors too.
In addition, not-for-profit organizations working in the field of language or education can partner with the Portal for cross-promotion activities. Contact us so we can discuss it!
Start promoting the Portal as an ambassador now, and share some tweets that we’ve already prepared!
The Language Portal of Canada wants you to be an Ambassador! Find out more: Tweet this, Tweet 1
Already sharing content from the Language Portal? Why not become an official Ambassador? Tweet this, Tweet 2
There are hundreds of short quizzes on the Language Portal of Canada—try one today. Tweet this, Tweet 5
Have you been looking for a list of top Canadian language resources? Look no further! Tweet this, Tweet 6
Share these infographics online or print them to make the Portal’s language resources better known:
Infographic: The Portal’s flagship tools
The Language Portal of Canada is a website that provides free language-related tools and resources to help you find fast answers to your language questions in English and French.
The Language Portal’s 2 flagship products are TERMIUM Plus® and Language Navigator.
TERMIUM Plus® is the Government of Canada’s terminology data bank, with millions of terms in English and French, abbreviations and definitions, in a wide variety of specialized fields. In this data bank, you can find answers to questions like these:
- How do you say selfie in French?
- What is the abbreviation for Northwest Territories?
- What does G7 mean?
Language Navigator is a bank of language articles and quizzes on subjects like grammar, spelling and vocabulary, to help you write more effectively. It contains answers to questions like these:
- Do you need a comma after the year in a date?
- Will this change have a huge affect or effect?
- When should numbers be spelled out?
Test your knowledge of a wide variety of topics with our language quizzes!
The Language Portal of Canada - Where to find us
Download this infographic to print it
Infographic: Myths and realities about the Portal
Resources of the Language Portal of Canada can be found at ourlanguages.gc.ca.
People are often confused about what the site Resources of the Language Portal of Canada is and what it offers. Be careful not to believe these 4 myths about the Language Portal:
- Myth: The Portal is for experts only.
Reality: The Portal has something for everyone, from language pros to beginners.
- Myth: The Portal is accessible to public servants only.
Reality: Anyone can access the Portal, so why not check it out!
- Myth: The Portal is just Termium Plus®.
Reality: The Portal also has language articles and quizzes, a blog and a collection of links to language resources.
- Myth: The Portal’s resources are not free.
Reality: The Portal is completely free. That’s right, free!
Check out the resources of the Language Portal of Canada to find the answers to your language questions!
Resources of the Language Portal of Canada - Where to find us
Download this infographic to print it
To share your ideas for future infographics, contact the Language Portal of Canada.