Contenu de la page principale
Ce contenu est offert en anglais seulement.
The word group teacher both students and is not a phrase because the words have no grammatical relationship to one another. Similarly, bay the across is not a phrase. In both cases, the words need to be rearranged in order to create phrases. The word groups both teachers and students and across the bay are both phrases.
The highlighted words in each of the following sentences make up a phrase:
- Joe bought some spinach when he went to the corner store.
- Lightning flashed brightly in the night sky.
- They heard high-pitched cries in the middle of the night.
- In early October, Giselle planted twenty tulip bulbs; unfortunately, squirrels ate the bulbs and none bloomed.
- Small children often insist that they can do things by themselves.
Avis de droit d’auteur pour l’outil HyperGrammar 2
© Département d’anglais, Faculté des arts, Université d’Ottawa
Un outil mis en ligne par le Bureau de la traduction, Services publics et Approvisionnement Canada