Review: Parts of Speech
- The clown chased a dog around the ring and then fell flat on her face.
- The geese indolently waddled across the intersection.
- Yikes! I’m late for work.
- Bruno’s shabby cap tumbled out of his pocket when the bus suddenly swerved.
- Fred angrily stamped out the fire that he had accidently started on his veranda.
- Later that summer she asked herself, "What was I thinking of?"
- She thought that the twenty zucchini plants would not be enough so she planted another ten.
- Although she gave hundreds of zucchini away, the enormous mound left over frightened her.
- Everywhere she went, she talked about the prolific veggies.
- The executive confidently made his presentation to the board of directors.
- Frankenstein is the name of the scientist, not the monster.
- Her greatest fear is that the world will end before she finds a comfortable pair of pantyhose.
- That suitcase is hers.
- Everyone in the room cheered when the announcement was made.
- The sun was shining as we set out for our first winter camping trip.
- Small children often insist that they can do things by themselves.
- Dust covered every surface in the cottage.
- The census taker knocked loudly on the door but nobody was home.
- They wondered if there truly was honour among thieves.
- Exciting new products and effective marketing strategies will guarantee the company’s success.
Copyright notice for HyperGrammar 2
© Department of English, Faculty of Arts, University of Ottawa
A tool made available online by the Translation Bureau, Public Services and Procurement Canada