Review: Fixing Misplaced Modifiers
On a separate sheet of paper, rewrite each sentence to eliminate misplaced modifiers. Then compare your answer with the samples provided.
- Running quickly gives her a headache.
- Although tired, the sale was so good that we shopped until the mall closed.
- Raging and blowing from the north, we had a terrible blizzard on Saturday.
- I gave my niece a photo of her golden retriever in a silver frame.
- To be considered by the top firms, your résumé must look professional.
Copyright notice for HyperGrammar 2
© Department of English, Faculty of Arts, University of Ottawa
A tool made available online by the Translation Bureau, Public Services and Procurement Canada