Review: Adverbs and Adjectives
Choose the correct answer for each of the following sentences.
- Many people have tried to sell us vacuum cleaners, but you are certainly one of the salespeople we have met.
- The sound quality of this film is poor, and the picture is focused .
- My brother’s roommate this year is than the graduate student he lived with last year.
- That executive dresses and knows his material.
- Bridget is effective at making group presentations.
- We have studied the proposals from both firms and have decided that although Zero Inc.’s fees are high, it is the reliable company.
- Gerald is a more talented piano player than I, but he the best musician in our band.
- Sunita followed the recipe closely, but the cake smelled after twenty minutes in the oven.
- Her husband draws so that he has been asked to submit sketches to a local graphic art firm.
- She accepted responsibility for the accident and felt about the whole incident for weeks.
Copyright notice for HyperGrammar 2
© Department of English, Faculty of Arts, University of Ottawa
A tool made available online by the Translation Bureau, Public Services and Procurement Canada