Test yourself—The grammar of numbers
Ce contenu est offert en anglais seulement.
© Travaux publics et Services gouvernementaux Canada, 2016
Outils d'aide à la rédaction - Peck's English Pointers
Un produit du Bureau de la traduction
Test yourself—The Grammar of Numbers
- With loud and enthusiastic applause, the audience conveyed (its/their) appreciation for the daring haki-sak demonstration.
- The majority of voters in that New Brunswick riding (supports/support) spending that will combat global warming.
- Following last week’s guest lecture on nutrition, the school staff (has/have) decided to supply fruit instead of doughnuts at weekly meetings.
- It’s August, so I estimate that 70 percent of the movie screens in the downtown core (is/are) showing superhero flicks of one sort or another.
- Twelve dollars (is/are) too much to pay for two hours of superpowers.
- Downward Dog Direct sells a variety of publications that (is/are) designed specifically to correct your breathing patterns during yoga moves.
- My family is always throwing (its/their) weight around.