Test yourself—The how-tos of "who" and "whom"
Ce contenu est offert en anglais seulement.
© Travaux publics et Services gouvernementaux Canada, 2016
Outils d'aide à la rédaction - Peck's English Pointers
Un produit du Bureau de la traduction
Test yourself—The How-Tos of Who and Whom
- The country music jamboree was so loud that the baby woke up and the cat started spitting at (whoever/whomever) walked by.
- Amir is a gifted actor, one (who/whom) even the harshest critics are certain will succeed.
- After the takeover is announced, qualified counsellors will be on hand to speak with (whoever/whomever) reacts badly to the news.
- (Who/Whom) will the new paint-colour bylaw benefit the most?
- (Who/Whom) shall I say is calling?
- Do you have any idea (who/whom) you will take with you on your getaway to the Seychelles?
- Do you have any idea (who/whom) will accompany you on your getaway to the Seychelles?