Review: Pronoun Reference
Ce contenu est offert en anglais seulement.
In each of the following sentences, decide whether the writer used the highlighted pronoun appropriately for formal writing.
- It says in this article in The Atlantic Advocate that Frederictonians are taking up line dancing in unprecedented numbers.
- They say Frederictonians often gather at clubs and dance the night away.
- Recently Frederictonians gave a demonstration of their craft at the Saint John Exhibition.
- When a dancer which is talented performs the best-known numbers the entire audience becomes involved.
- In Martha’s Guide to Fredericton she lists all the line dancing halls within 50 kilometres.
- Although Fredericton is a small town it has many interesting sights, and Ruth enjoys spring because it is the season when all dancers buy new outfits.
- It is normal for tourists to visit Fredericton from all over Canada, especially in the summer, to watch the dancers.
- Line dancing has a long and illustrious history, and it is especially popular with young people.
- Grandparents, who were the first generation to line dance, taught their children that this activity was part of Fredericton’s heritage.
- The reasons for keeping this tradition alive include an awareness of your roots and pride in your heritage.
Avis de droit d’auteur pour l’outil HyperGrammar 2
© Département d’anglais, Faculté des arts, Université d’Ottawa
Un outil mis en ligne par le Bureau de la traduction, Services publics et Approvisionnement Canada