Review: Identifying Punctuation Errors
Ce contenu est offert en anglais seulement.
Indicate whether each sentence is punctuated correctly or incorrectly.
- I wrote letters to: my aunt, the cable company, and my close friend Joe who moved to Tofino four years ago.
- "Can working with a computer really improve one’s writing?" they asked.
- They read they studied and they reviewed, yet they could not define the term ‘onomatopoeia’ on the English exam.
- Children sometimes knock at the Wilsons’ door, as if taunting the couple to show themselves, but neither the old man nor his sister ever answers.
- We cancelled our subscription to the magazine after it ran a homophobic article; likewise, a number of our friends boycotted the publication.
- My sister’s skin used to be as smooth as a childs.
- Aaron asked the counsellor if there were many job opportunities for music teachers and if he would have to leave the province to get a good position?
- They wanted very badly to see Peter Weirs new film, but fate in the form of the year’s worst snowstorm intruded.
- How could the rent review administrators have made such a decision, and how will your landlord live with himself?
- "Take me with you," she said. "This town and it’s people are more than I can bear, but I know everything will be different in Toronto".
Avis de droit d’auteur pour l’outil HyperGrammar 2
© Département d’anglais, Faculté des arts, Université d’Ottawa
Un outil mis en ligne par le Bureau de la traduction, Services publics et Approvisionnement Canada