laissez-passer, laisser-passer

The spellings laissez-passer and laisser-passer are both hyphenated, whether the expression is used as an adjective or a noun. Laissez-passer and laisser-passer require italics in English.

  • Laissez-passer holders and their family members may apply for an official visa.
  • An employee of the United Nations may travel with a UN laisser-passer in place of a passport.

Search by related themes

Want to learn more about a theme discussed on this page? Click on a link below to see all the pages on the Language Portal of Canada that relate to the theme you selected. The search results will be displayed in Language Navigator.

Date modified: