closure, cloture

The method of ending a debate by calling for a vote is spelled closure in Canada and cloture in the United States.

  • The Opposition members complained when the Government brought in closure.

Search by related themes

Want to learn more about a theme discussed on this page? Click on a link below to see all the pages on the Language Portal of Canada that relate to the theme you selected. The search results will be displayed in Language Navigator.

Date modified: