attention, attentive, attentiveness
Attentive describes a person who is caring, helpful or watchful.
- Monique’s neighbours were very attentive after her debilitating accident.
- Attentive teachers know when their students are having problems.
Attentiveness is the noun form.
- The innkeeper’s attentiveness to his guests’ comfort was much appreciated.
Attention indicates interest, care or concentration.
- Thank you for your attention to this matter.
- Listening to the radio while I work interferes with my attention to detail.
- The medication is affecting Juan’s attention span.
Copyright notice for Writing Tips Plus
© His Majesty the King in Right of Canada, represented by the Minister of Public Services and Procurement
A tool created and made available online by the Translation Bureau, Public Services and Procurement Canada
Search by related themes
Want to learn more about a theme discussed on this page? Click on a link below to see all the pages on the Language Portal of Canada that relate to the theme you selected. The search results will be displayed in Language Navigator.
- Date modified: