Writing resources—Writing for the Web and digital communications
By the Translation Bureau
Find tips and best practices for writing web content and social media.
Hyperlinks to writing resources will open in a new tab.
On this page
Writing tools for the web
- A blog post on tips for writing for the web (in French only)
Source: Campus Infopresse
- An article on writing for the web (in French only)
- Canada.ca Content Style Guide
Source: Government of Canada
- Tips on writing for the web
Source: University of Waterloo
Resources for social media
- An article on editing in the age of digital media (in French only)
Source: University of Montréal
- How to write an engaging social media post
Source: Eva Chan Web
- Infographic—Optimal social media formats guide
- Social media and the Charter of the French Language (PDF) (in French only)
Source: Office québécois de la langue française
- Social media in the workplace: What to include in a social media policy
Source: Business Development Bank of Canada
- 10 tips for getting comfortable with social media
Source: Career Professionals of Canada
Suggest other resources
Do you know of other Canadian links we could add to this page? If so, please contact the Language Portal of Canada.
The web pages that make up the collection of Canadian language resources are chosen with care by the Language Portal of Canada team. However, the team is not responsible for maintaining or updating the content of these pages.
For French resources on this topic, check out our Ressources utiles à la rédaction – Rédaction pour le Web et autres médias numériques page (available in French only).