By the Translation Bureau
Parents, teachers and learners will find activities, programs, toolkits and other resources for developing reading and writing skills.
Hyperlinks to organization and event websites will open in a new tab.
- ABC Life Literacy Canada
- Canadian Children’s Book Centre
- Language and Literacy online journal
Source: University of Alberta
- Learning resources related to Quebec’s common core curriculum
- Literacy Foundation
- National Reading Campaign
- Non-profit literacy programs serving Montreal’s South Shore communities
Source: South Shore Reading Council
- Programme for the International Assessment of Adult Competencies
Source: Council of Ministers of Education of Canada (CMEC)
- Regina Public Library
- Regroupement des groupes populaires en alphabétisation du Québec (In French only)
- The Victoria Literacy Connection
- United for Literacy
- Western Quebec Literacy Council
Suggest other resources
Do you know of other Canadian links we could add to this page? If so, please contact the Language Portal of Canada.
The web pages that make up the collection of Canadian language resources are chosen with care by the Language Portal of Canada team. However, the team is not responsible for maintaining or updating the content of these pages.
For French resources on this topic, check out our Organismes et événements – Alphabétisation page.