Review: Verb Tenses
- Joe had wringed all the water out of the clothes before he hung them on the line.
- Last night the wind shooked the house so much that I could not sleep.
- Once Joe had written a letter or two, he went upstairs and listened to his short-wave radio.
- The planes have flew over this neighbourhood for twenty years.
- The man who had been caught stealing cattle was hanged at noon.
- I losed my entire salary on a nag named Willy Wheeze.
- After Lilith defied the rules, the producers of the reality show expelled her from the contest.
- The bells in the tower have rang for three hours.
- The walls of the trenches that had been digged yesterday collapsed in the torrential downpour.
- Bridget has forbade us to play in the hayloft while she is away.
Copyright notice for HyperGrammar 2
© Department of English, Faculty of Arts, University of Ottawa
A tool made available online by the Translation Bureau, Public Services and Procurement Canada