Main page content
Review: Linking Verbs
- Frankenstein is the name of the scientist not the monster.
- The oenophile tasted several types of Beaujolais.
- Francine grows prize-winning dahlias.
- The cheesecake tastes delicious.
- After smoking three cigars, Bridget turned green.
- The cat fastidiously smelled the dish of food placed before it.
- The flowers always grow quickly during a sunny summer.
- The stew that Gordon made smells too spicy to me.
- Walter was annoyed because Sophy turned the corner too quickly.
- Lester B. Pearson was a prominent twentieth-century politician.
Copyright notice for HyperGrammar 2
© Department of English, Faculty of Arts, University of Ottawa
A tool made available online by the Translation Bureau, Public Services and Procurement Canada