Main page content
Review: Identifying Misplaced or Dangling Modifiers
- Flashing a huge grin, Ralph apologized for being late and then handed his grandmother a bouquet of lilacs.
- The surgeon was able to quickly and painlessly remove the stitches from Greta’s forehead.
- After gathering wild flowers and pressing them between the pages of a heavy book, the dried petals were ready for Teresa to make greeting cards.
- We had almost watched the entire movie when the person behind us blurted out, "The doctor did it!"
- Before buying a new stereo, you should carefully consider what you need and what you can afford.
- I heard that he got married to a countess with a vast fortune in a small church in Italy.
- Covered with bowls of strawberries, plates of bread and cheese, trays of squares and cookies, and huge frosted cakes, the OK Dance Club had organized a magnificent tea.
- After borrowing from all his friends, he had barely enough money to pay his rent.
- To succeed in engineering, some technical writing ability is a definite asset.
- My best friend is starting a weight-gain regimen in two weeks of five meals a day.
Copyright notice for HyperGrammar 2
© Department of English, Faculty of Arts, University of Ottawa
A tool made available online by the Translation Bureau, Public Services and Procurement Canada